Create a promo code to discount tickets
Promo codes can be used for a number of reasons, including (but not limited to) price discounts, early access to sales, and the ability to purchase tickets that are otherwise unavailable to the public. Here we'll show you how to create a promo code to discount tickets.
Create a promo code
1. Start by going to My Events > Promo Codes . Choose the event name from the drop-down menu . If you don't see your event listed use the Find button to expand your search range.
2. Click +Add Promo Code and enter the following promo code details:
- Promotion Code - This is the name for your promo code.
- Total Quantity - The total number of times the promo code can be used. Set the quantity to -1 to allow the promo code to be used an unlimited number of times.
- Start Date / End Date - Limit when the promo code can be used by setting the start and end dates.
- Discount Type / Amount - Set the discount type (percentage or dollar amount) and discount amount.
- Notes - Add an optional note (for your records only).
- Ticket Types - Choose which ticket types the promo code can be applied to.
3. Click Add Promotion to save the promo code.
Redeeming the promo code
To receive the discount, ticket buyers should enter the promo code into the Promo Code field on your buy tickets page. The promo code will be applied after they select tickets and hit Checkout.