Submitting your taxpayer information

Form 1099-K, Payment Card and Third Party Network Transactions, is used by credit card companies and third-party processors, like Big Tickets, to report the payment transactions they process for event organizers. It reports the gross amount of the transactions, but doesn't include any adjustments for credits, refunds, discounts, fees, etc.

Who gets a 1099-K?

Any organizer with $20,000 in sales and more than 200 individual transactions processed through Big Tickets.

What information do I need to provide on the form W-9?

  1. Name: Enter the name on your income tax return and include a business name, if applicable. 
  2. Address: Enter a physical address.
  3. Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN): Enter an Employer Identification Number for a business, or a Social Security Number (SSN) for individuals. 
  4. Your electronic signature: Type in your full name, which will be your electronic signature. 

Do I need to submit a W-9?

If your organization meets the criteria to receive above you'll be contacted by your account manager to complete your W-9.

Still need help? Contact Us Contact Us